Sunday, August 5, 2007

For The Deep Pocketed Presidential Collector

eBay has an auction up for the shirt worn by John F. Kennedy during his inauguration in 1961. Admittedly it would be cool to own the shirt that JFK wore as he said “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country,” but with a starting bid at $400,000 I doubt I can make it through eBay’s pre-qualification screening for this item.

Click here for a little more about the shirt's history, like the fact that it’s missing the third button from the collar. Personally I'll save my money for when JFK's fedora goes up for auction since he was the last president to wear one on his inauguration.

Of course you can always save a little money and show you're love for JFK by buying one of our Kennedy in 1960 campaign shirts. At the very least you would be helping me pass the pre-qualification next time I want a really expensive eBay item.

No comments: